Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Odd Life of Timothy Green


6 out of 10 stars

Cast
                                       Cindy Green............................Jennifer Garner
                                                 Jim Green................................Joel Edgerton
                                                 Timothy Green.........................CJ Adams


*****WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS*****


This movie is currently playing at the theater I work at. Honestly, I didn't really know if I wanted to watch it or not. However, I sat through it and I'm really glad I did. 

Let me start off by saying that although I did not give this the highest of rates, it was still a feel-good movie. It was really cute and had an interesting concept. 




From the beginning though, I loved the cast. I really liked Jennifer Garner and she was excellent at playing the over-protective mother. And because this wasn't an action movie, I actually enjoyed having a female as one of the lead roles. I did feel bad for her in the beginning. And whenever she talked to her troll of a sister. Like really, BRENDA, SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR KIDS ALREADY. Anyway, I approved of Jennifer Garner's performance.



I have decided that I really like Joel Edgerton. The first time I remember seeing this Aussie on-screen was in Warrior (I have recently discovered that he was in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith... I feel very deceived). However, since Tom Hardy was also in that movie and because I believe Tom Hardy is God's gift to the earth, I thought he completely out-shined Joel Edgerton.  But, in both movies, Edgerton played the family-man, always caring about his wife and kids. I think he'd be a good dad to be quite honest. And, because he had no fierce competition for face time in this movie, I got to see how good he really was. 



Okay, this kid, CJ Adams, I love him. He's so cute. Like when I have kids, they'd better be like this child right here. He's a really good actor for being so young. He was definitely the highlight of the movie. His character was just so precious. And in the beginning, the way he said "please don't ask about my leaves." Oh my gosh. I died. 

However, I will say about this movie, Timothy's "departure" was a bit sudden. I mean I know they built it up the whole movie about his leaves falling off and everything but still, when the time actually came for him to leave, it was very sudden and over very quickly. But I don't know, maybe that was the point. I just thought it should have been a bit more dramatic. 

Nonetheless, I thought it was a very cute family movie. It's perfect for all ages. I would recommend it to families who have younger kids or for anyone who wants to watch a feel-good movie. I approve.

And I love the name Timothy.



Sources
Pictures- Google
Cast- IMDb

No comments:

Post a Comment